HR Open has many opportunities to participate.
HR Open is continually updating our specifications and creating new standards to meet industry needs. A significant benefit to our organizational members is that any of their employees may participate in the standards development. This allows the company to help create the standards and gives them early access to the specifications.
Workgroup participation is limited to HR Open Standards members. If you have questions or want to know more about membership, please contact us.
Learn more about our standards development process and current projects below.
THE STANDARDS DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
The Assessment workgroup is responsible for developing and maintaining assessment standards to support the procurement of assessment services and the integration of assessment results.
Fridays @ 10:00aEST
The Employee Benefits workgroup develops and maintains standards that provide employers flexibility and save them time and money when integrating systems with benefits administrators and benefits providers.
Thursdays @ 12:00pEST
EMPLOYER & EARNINGS RECORD
The Employer and Employee Earnings Record workgroup provides guidelines for reporting employment and earnings records to government and public-private data collaboratives and supports workforce data analytics.
The Recruiting workgroup is responsible for standards within the recruiting domain. They focus on transactions between a variety of trading partners such as recruiters, applicant tracking systems, HRIS, job boards, staffing suppliers, and candidates.
Wednesdays @ 10:00aEST
The Screening workgroup is responsible for developing and maintaining standards for the Background Check industry. This group focuses on transactions between screening service requesters, screening supplier providers, and researchers.
Wednesdays @ 2:00pEST
BUSINESS STEERING COMMITTEE
Responsible for the marketing and execution of Board strategic directives. This group helps with website management, marketing plans, and social media.
MEETING PLANNING COMMITTEE
Responsible for planning, organizing, and executing events including the Annual and Community Meetings.
TECHNICAL STEERING COMMITTEE
Responsible for technical oversight, developing best practices, recommending tools, and quality assurance of the standards.
HR Open workgroups may become inactive once a project has completed and a new project has not started. If your organization has a business need for a new standard for an active or non-active workgroup, contact us for more information.
- Interviewing: Interviews can happen during the entire lifecycle of an employee or worker. For instance, interviews might be held to determine a candidate's skills in the hiring process, during performance reviews with an employee, or for training and e-learning purposes throughout an organization. Interviews may be delivered asynchronously, synchronously, online, by phone, face-to-face, or as multi-part interviews.
- Payroll: The Payroll Specification is designed to enable the submission of payroll data to an organization that processes payrolls. The type of data covered by the specification includes personal information, work contracts, deductions, earnings, deposits, and benefits.
- Wellness: Employee Wellness allows employees to set and reach employee wellness goals within their employment organization. The existing standard focuses on personal activity tracking.
- Compensation: Compensation may cover a broad range of tools providing organizations products to be competitive in the market, allowing them to retain and attract talent. These may include products such as salary surveys, compensation planning, and stock option management.
- Timecard: The TimeCard standard allows the capture of time-worked data as well as information about associated expenses and allowances.