The HR Open Standards Recruiting workgroup is responsible for developing and maintaining a variety of standards that fall within the recruiting domain. The trading partners may vary based on the business transaction. For example the exchange of data may include a recruiter, applicant tracking system (ATS), an HRIS/front office system, job board, staffing supplier, and/or candidate.
In some instances, a project may cover business processes that occur after a candidate is hired, such as on boarding. This work will still be handled within the Recruiting workgroup since most of the same players are involved.
Note that the Recruiting and Contingent Staffing workgroups have similar business processes and may work together on specific projects. Additionally, both groups use similar content through common components, ensuring the specifications are more closely aligned.
| Signifies a benefit exclusive to HR Open Standards Members. Click here to learn about joining HR Open Standards.|
HR Open Standards members are invited to join the Recruiting Online Community.
Note that the Position Opening, Candidate, and Search Document standards are available in XSD and lightweight JSON.
- Position Opening - contains details about a position opening, including requirements for the position as well as administrative information, such as how to apply.
- Candidate - defines a set of information about an applicant or prospective employee or resource. This specification includes resume/cv information as well as content not typically included on a resume/cv.
- Search Document - provide a way for one system, such as an ATS, to request matching documents for a query against another system, such as a Job Board or a Resume Bank.
- Worker On-Boarding - contains a collection of data about an applicant who has accepted an offer with the employer and is in the process of On Boarding which includes moving the indicative data to the new system of record.
Other Projects to Consider
- Revisit existing specification to determine additional use cases for current industry needs.
- Enhance deliverables to ease implementation and increase interoperability.